Just read a great article on PC Perspective that nvidia is pushing anaglyph 3d for its GeForce product line. Apparently I was on to something in my L4d in 3D post.
I guess when 100,000 people decide that something is cool, nvidia should listen. And they appear to have listened. I can’t wait for official anaglyph glasses and the official driver support for XP, Vista, and W7.
Read more about it at Nvidia
2 Comments »
Today saw the release of the first DLC for Left 4 dead. Features include the all new survival mode which pits the four survivors against an endless onslaught of infected. Each spawn has less of a lull in between and difficulty increases as time goes on. Eventually all four survivors die. There is also new leaderboards for the timed score of survival mode. Included in survival mode is the new lighthouse map from the (assumed) upcoming Last Stand campaign. Also released are the much anticipated versus mode of the Death Toll and Dead Air campaigns.
official changelog here
1 Comment »
I am writing about my autoexec script for Left 4 Dead. There are two distinct scripts which I have joined together for a more enjoyable experience.
The first part is the Left 4 Dead Community autoexec script which I have found quite useful. This adds cool features like a netgraph in the scoreboard, quick voting, and toggling crouch and run. The coolest feature is that it has an OTS third person view.
The second half of my autoexec is the firemodes script from saik0 over at tacticalgamer.com This adds fire modes like single and burst. It automatically reloads shotguns for you. It also has a really fast pistol dump script.
I have modified the timings on this script to make them a little faster. They are legal, but considered “edging” which basically means you have the advantage.
This second script, due to my timings mod can be somewhat glitchy. That means sometimes you may want to fire single shot and nothing happens, or your burst will only fire 2 shots instead of 3.
I have included links to the originals for those interested in not using my mods or keybinds.
This autoexec will give you the advantage. Learn how to use it first in SP. It never gets stuck on. It gets reset when you use a med, pills, or grenade. It remembers your setting when you switch back.
Read the rest of this entry »
2 Comments »
Jump to: The hack info or The faq or Where to get 3d Glasses or ATI users! or Video and Screenshots
Everything old is new again!
First thing’s first, what you’ll need:
Windows Vista 32-bit or 64-bit or XP 32-bit. This will not work on XP 64-bit because there is no stereo drivers for that OS
Nvidia 8xxx series or later
Free superbowl 3d glasses
Left 4 Dead
You will need to install some Nvidia drivers first.
1. Install 181.22 For XP ver 181.20
3. Install Nvidia 3d Stereoscopic drivers 181.25 For Vista x64 (210MB) For XP ver 91.31
4. Execute this registry hack or for Windows XP
First it enables the use of colored 3d glasses (AKA anaglyph)
Next, it changes from the default red/cyan lenses to the superbowl colorcode yellow/blue lenses, or red/blue or red/green.
And finally, it enables the 3d Stereo drivers.
if you want red/blue glasses, use this
for red/green glasses, use this
to switch back to yellow/blue use this
5. Enter the nvidia control panel and enable the steroscopic settings in the stereo tab.
Start Left 4 Dead and enter a game. It should be yellow/blue 3D.
One final bit, the drivers support more than just Left 4 Dead. here’s a full list of supported games.
to remove the registry entries, run this registry file and then reinstall the 3d stereo drivers from nvidia. This will restore the default values.
1. Why do those screenshots suck? The pics are taken from my cell phone, fraps doesn’t capture the 3d drivers since they work outside the framebuffer.
2. Do you need a 120Hz monitor? No, you don’t need any special monitor.
3. Do you need the 3D vision hardware? No, this is meant to work without the hardware.
4. Why do I need that reg hack? For starters, you don’t have the 3d vision hardware. Without that, you can’t access the stereo tab on the driver control panel.
5. What kind of glasses work? Only colored glasses work with this. I’ve set up reg files for yellow/blue, red/blue, and red/green. No, polarized glasses won’t work. Those real3d glasses won’t work.
6. What Operating systems will work? Vista 32 works. XP32 and Vista 64 might work if you read some of the comments from the original post on the main page, XP 64 probably won’t work.
7. Where can I get 3d Glasses? Right Here.
8. Will this work with ATI cards? Right now, this is only for the Nvidia cards. If you want something for ATI, try the IZ3D Drivers
165 Comments »